Would you like to love your job again?
We’re looking for Front-end full-stack web developers to join our expanding team in Bedford.
We are a digital agency, based in Bedford’s cultural quarter, with a great culture and track record. We make our clients’ organisations more effective online through a mix of digital consultancy and creating digital services that are simpler, clearer, faster and so good that people prefer to use them.
If you’d like a more fulfilling, challenging full-time job and have PHP, HTML, JS & CSS skills, we’d like to hear from you.
This role would be ideal for someone wanting to work locally, perhaps someone who has done the London thing and is tired with the inconvenience of the commute and long hours.
You will be responsible for building websites and web-based applications and systems.
What we’d like to see from you:
• Very competent code skills and experience building PHP Websites and applications using MySQL.
• Very competent client-side skills including accessible, cross-browser CSS, JS & HTML.
• Solid experience working with and debugging applications
• A clear desire to contribute and build a great business as part of an expanding team
• The ability to work under your own direction as well as part of a team.
• A willingness to learn and evolve your skills
Highly desirable (but not essential) additional skills and experience: Linux, Apache and Nginx, SASS, version control (GIT), MVC Frameworks, WordPress, Concrete5, JQuery, Magento, WooCommerce, basic Photoshop.
Our company culture is very important to us and is reflected in how we work and who we work with. The right attitude and fit is essential because we encourage critical thinking, challenging ideas, creative problem solving and discussion about best practice amongst the team in order constantly evolve and improve. Developer jobs in atmospheres like this don’t come around too often so, if that sounds like your idea of a stimulating and fulfilling place to work, give us a shout and find out more.
Salary & package:
• Salary is negotiable dependent on you, your skills & experience but, as a guide, we’re looking in the area £30k-40k for a middleweight developer & £40-50k for a more senior developer.
• In addition to a great working atmosphere, other perks include 20 days paid leave, free monthly lunches, sensible working hours (37.5 hour week), potential for training and personal growth, free Lavazza coffee & tea on tap and more.
Who we are & what we do
We are a purely digital agency offering a range of digital consultancy, design, development & marketing skills to build world-class user-centred services. Founded in 2010 by two digital veterans, each with over 20 years experience, we help organisations use the web more effectively through a combination of research, education, customer-centric thinking and well-thought through integration & implementation. We have a culture based on ethical behaviour, open discussion, evidence-based research, establishing best-practices and drinking great coffee.
We have a fantastic team, and have established relationships with incredible brands across reatil, clean tech, real-estate & the third sector.
Things to note:
• The job is based in our Bedford studio, just off the high street but there may be an option to work remotely a few days a week.
• We are not able to sponsor foreign working visas.
If you’d like to know more, we’d love to hear from you.