We’re looking for full-stack web developers to join our expanding Web Team.
We are a full service digital agency, normally based in Bedford’s cultural quarter, but we are all currently working from our respective homes. Our mission is to make our clients’ businesses more effective online, through a mix of consultancy and customer-focussed digital services.
We create & maintain a lot of bespoke web development for our clients, including API integration.
If you’re up for a challenging full-time job and have PHP, HTML, JS & CSS skills, we’d like to hear from you.
You will be responsible for building websites and web-based applications and systems.
What we’d like to see from you:
• Very competent code skills and experience building PHP Websites and applications using MySQL.
• Very competent client-side skills including accessible, cross-browser CSS, JS & HTML.
• Solid experience working with and debugging applications.
• Experience with Object Oriented PHP and MVC Frameworks.
• A clear desire to contribute and build a great business as part of an expanding team
• The ability to work under your own direction as well as part of a team.
• A willingness to learn and evolve your skills
Highly desirable (but not essential) additional skills and experience: Linux, Apache and Nginx, SASS, version control (GIT), Docker, AWS, WordPress, Concrete5, JQuery, Magento, WooCommerce, basic Photoshop.
Our company culture is very important to us and is reflected in how we work and who we work with. The right attitude and fit is essential because we encourage critical thinking, challenging ideas, creative problem solving and discussion about best practice amongst the team in order constantly evolve and improve. Developer jobs in atmospheres like this don’t come around too often so, if that sounds like your idea of a stimulating and fulfilling place to work, give us a shout and find out more.
Salary & package:
• Salary is negotiable dependent on you, your skills & experience but, as a guide, we’re looking in the area £30k-40k for a middleweight developer & £40-50k for a more senior developer.
• We’re currently all working from our respective homes, so this has changed a lot and we’re still working out how to maintain on it. In addition to a great working atmosphere, other perks include 20 days paid leave, sensible working hours (37.5 hour week), potential for training and personal growth and, if we get back into the office, free Lavazza coffee & tea on tap and more.
Who we are & what we do
We are a purely digital agency offering a range of digital consultancy, design, development & marketing skills to build world-class user-centred services. Founded in 2010 by two digital veterans, each with over 20 years experience, we help organisations use the web more effectively through a combination of research, education, customer-centric thinking and well-thought through integration & implementation. We have a culture based on ethical behaviour, open discussion, evidence-based research, establishing best-practices and drinking great coffee.
We have a fantastic team, and have established relationships with incredible brands across retail, clean tech, real-estate & the third sector.
Things to note:
• The job is normally based in our Bedford studio, just off the high street, but we are currently all working from home. Once some semblance of normality returns, There may be an option to work remotely a few days a week.
• We are not able to sponsor foreign working visas.
If you’d like to know more, we’d love to hear from you.
PHP Full Stack DeveloperRequired skills:
- 3-5 or more years of professional PHP development experience
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented PHP
- Solid understanding of the principles of good quality code
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony preferred)
- Fluent with SQL and use of databases
- Comfortable with diagnostics, debugging, and code maintenance
- Some experience working with Linux on the command lines
- Experience with Git version control
Highly Desirable skills: JQuery, React, WordPress, Linux sysadmin, Docker, AWS, Concrete5, Magento